We’ve got a question: do you want to host daily convos about trans issues with an awesome community?
We thought you might. Now here’s another: do you use social media?
We know, who doesn’t?
Well, we’re looking for awesome folks like YOU to join the trans.cafe team as our Social Media Manager.
This individual will be personally committed to advancing public conversation about trans identity, lifestyle, politics and more—both in the U.S. and abroad. By sharing news, quotes, related content and other timely insights to trans.cafe’s rich and diverse community of readers, you will be the leader of a global conversation about issues that need visibility and attention now.
Oh, and BTW: did we mention that you can work from anywhere? (As long as you’ve got a computer, access to Internet, amazing communication skills, and fluency with social media. More deets to come.)
Last question, we promise: do you ever spend time on the Internet reading about trans* issues, or looking at the Instagrams of your fave trans role models?
If so, you’re already doing much of the work we need! Our Social Media Manager will be responsible for curating content on all of our social platforms (FB, Twitter, Insta and Snapchat), as well as building social communities from the ground up. Think of it as throwing an Internet party. Plus trans activism.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including a resume and brief cover letter explaining who you are, your relevant experience, and why you’re excited about the position.
P.S. While we didn’t want to bore you, we thought it would be helpful to share some of the nitty-gritty details below … We look forward to hearing from you!
- Deep understanding of social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat
- Proficiency in social listening tools: Google Alerts and Analytics, Twitter Advanced Search and Tweetreach, Facebook Insights, Social Mention, Keyword Tool and Google Trends and others as required
- Ability to create content (written and visual) and programs that align with our brand’s voice and personality
- Creative, analytical, and detail-oriented: you know what works, what doesn't and why
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivation, organizational skills, and a willingness to be proactive
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Would be great if you had:
- 2-years social or online community management experience – with proven ability to lead and grow online member programs into a thriving social hubs
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creating and maintaining content calendars
- Creating and posting relevant content in accordance with calendars and cooridinated marketing efforts
- Conducting Social Media Audits to better connect with our audience and prospects—informing, messaging and listening in equal measure
- Reviewing and responding to user-generated comments and posts in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Measuring, monitoring, and reporting on the health and growth of support communities
- Providing insights and analyzing results in order to create necessary action plans
- Collaborating with team to enhance, promote, and align the community experience with objectives